Small steps in faith

Sunday, August 24, 2008

A Lazy Sunday











Why is it that when I don't have to get up early, I still can't sleep in?
I have a natural body clock alarm that wakes me up at 5...I will sometimes go back to sleep but not usually past 7am.
So I got up early, did my quiet time and ate my oatmeal. I eat oatmeal every morning.
I'm a little boring in that way but I'm not a big breakfast person.
Darrell and I lounged around( one of the benefits to going to church on Sat eve.),cleaned up the house, then decided to go to DLM for lunch.
If you're looking for a nice place to eat on the weekend, you can get your lunch and go upstairs and they have a guy who plays the piano. We are trying to eat healthy so we did the salad bar and water.

Last night we went to Office Max and found the game Qbert. Qbert is an arcade game from the 80's that Darrell and I played everyday when we were on our honeymoon in Clearwater Beach in 1985. We were excited to find it except the software was defective so we had to take it back :^( That's ok cause I just found it free on yahoo games :^)

We are selling things on ebay so we had to check out some pricing. We saw Aisa,Ron, and Ava in Borders! We were looking for a Beckett magazine to sell the ZILLIONS of baseball cards Darrell and Zach have collected over the years and his autographed Micky Mantle ball.

We also went to Sunglasses Hut to get a price for Zach's Oakley sunglasses he wants to sell. They have the coolest Ray bans in various colors..might have to save up for those! I like the teal ones and the white ones.

Next stop was Target to take back deodorant I bought for Zach that was the wrong kind.
You can't go in Target without buying something ...new PJ's :^) and popcorn in their cafe. Something funny that happened there..a little girl was eating with her mom . All the sudden she screams loudly.."Mom that girl has purple hair!" I turned around and looked behind me and sure enough she had purple and white hair..She looked at me and I looked at her and we burst out laughing because the little girl's expression on her face was so funny and her mom was mortified that she had screamed it out loud.

So now I'm back home watching the Little League World Series as it pours down rain here. We're gonna hang out and watch the closing ceremony of the Olympics.
A nice quiet evening to end a nice quiet weekend.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    it was cool to run into you guys at Borders! Did you find Darrell find what he was looking for? Let me know if you get a million $'s for that? hahahaha

     
  • At 4:55 PM, Blogger Rochelle said…

    Yeah..I wish!
    I did end up going to Family Christian Store with my coupon and getting the book you showed me for $7 cheaper...thanks Aisa :^)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home