Small steps in faith

Saturday, October 04, 2008

JDRF and Oktoberfest 2008






We did the JDRF walk for diabetes (That's why we have matching shirts :) and then went to the Oktoberfest. It was a beautiful morning for our walk at Island Metro Park. Lots of support from lots of families with children with Type 1 diabetes. I always like to see the t shirts and slogans that the different families and companies come up with.

It has been a few years since I've done Oktoberfest but it has the BEST food! The pictures are my brat with sauerkraut and a creme puff that Darrell and I split. They have authentic strudel and cobbler and of course beer(which is why most people go) We did share 1 beer..which wasn't too bad ...I'm not a beer drinker though.
The artisan tents had beautiful things for sale...not like your usual junky stuff at the festivals. I got a sweater from these women from Ecuador that were Indian. They were so sweet and they make the sweaters and scarves themselves.

We went into the Dayton Art Institute (where the Oktoberfest is held) and looked at some of the artwork. There was a display that Dayton students had done for the Holocaust. It was very beautiful and very touching as well.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    are u kidding me darrell southard that is what im going to look like at age 48 except with long hair, a beard and a bandana. just call me johnny paycheck!

    oh and btw mum, you look beautiful in that picture...hotter than sarah palin hahahahaha :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home