Small steps in faith

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Black Friday...a seneseless death

This was the first day I have been off on the Friday after Thanksgiving in years. My sister is in town so we decided to do the "Black Friday" shopping. We actually started off at the Greenes which wasn't crowded at all..of course it's outside and it was about 25 degrees :) Fairfield Mall was a totally different experience. We had to park at the movie cinema and walk over to the mall and lines were very long at some of the stores.

Fortunately we didn't experience the craziness that happened in the Walmart in Long Island. A young man who worked there was trampled to death by hundreds of bargain shoppers after he tried to control the crowd. Unbelievable and very sick and sad.
What in the world can be that important at Walmart that you would stomp over a human being! I thought it was crazy enough when I saw people pitching sleeping bags in front of Best Buy the night before. I also thought that the early morning hours would have deterred some of the crowds but I guess not.
I can't imagine how his family is feeling in losing their son for such a senseless reason...pure greed.
I think I'll follow my sister's lead and do my shopping at Goodwill where there aren't the crowds but there are great bargains!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:03 PM, Blogger Adam said…

    That's horrible.

    I've never been much of a shopper and couldn't see myself standing outside of Best Buy at 2 a.m., even for the best deal ever.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home