Small steps in faith

Monday, December 22, 2008

It's Christmas Week :)

Christmas has already started in the Southard house.
We had Christmas with my cousin/aunts on my Dad's side on Saturday.
It's always an interesting time with numerous greyhounds and cats roaming around.

We had Christmas with Darrell's side of the family and my mom. More good food.
I have wonderful in laws...they spoil us too much.
My sister-in-law and her family came. They have a German exchange student living with them so we found out a lot about German culture. After German students graduate they are required to do a year of either military or civil service. Public college is free but not as good as USA. Private schools are better. You have to be 18 to get your driver's license and it costs $1200..yikes.
My niece is in Ireland doing an internship so we missed her.

We went to see "Behold the Lamb" last night at Faith Church in Milford. It was wonderful!! Amazing musicians with amazing voices. Darrell and I also decided to sponsor a child through Compassion International. We have adopted a 6 yr old girl from Bolivia. We went with a group from our old church and it was nice to touch base with all of them again.

We had a pizza party and exchange of Secret Santa gifts at work. Pizza and wonderful cookies :) My secret santa got me nice smelling candles,Mike and Ike's(my favorite candy) and a Kobrick's card. Kobricks is our coffee shop at work. They are pretty close to Boston Stoker on their coffee and they have awesome pastries.

Christmas Eve I spend with my dad and Christmas Eve service at Apex.
Christmas Day is at my house ...yay!!
I'm ready!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:42 AM, Blogger Adam said…

    That concert was awesome - it was good to reconnect with everyone!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home