Small steps in faith

Monday, November 01, 2004

How We Help Each Other Grow

"Encourage one another and build each other up."
1 Thessalonians 5:11


This is the key verse this week for 40 days of Community and from my personal experience it's key to our relationships and growth in the church
I have some very special friendships and for me it's because they have invested time and cared enough to be there when I needed them to "build me up" This past year has been challenging at times both physically and emotionally and I know their prayers,phone calls,emails,cards,and hugs ( you need 8-10 a day :)) have meant alot to me
At times, some of those same friends have needed to be encouraged and prayed for and I have tried to be there for them as well
It's opening up your heart and letting God work through you whether it's someone you know well or someone you've just met who needs that special attention and encouragement
Find someone who needs encouragement this week It can make a difference in their spiritual walk...it did in mine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home