Small steps in faith

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

On my knees

I think God's trying to tell me something about my prayer life this week
When the alarm went off Chris Tomlin's "Indescribable" was playing and these are the words that stuck in my head "All powerful Untamable,Awestruck we fall to our knees and we humbly proclaim, You are a very big God" I opened my "Our Daily Bread" devotional and the title was "It's the Knees" and this was the question
"When was the last time my knees hurt because I was on them praying ?"
I wish sometimes we had "kneelers" at our church like they have in Catholic churches I don't think God listens any less when we're sitting or standing but I think personally it humbles my heart and prepares me to talk to God better if I'm on my knees It's like the Jaci Velasquez song "I don't know how but there's power when I'm on my knees"

2 Comments:

  • At 2:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I think alot of it is just a simple sign of surrender. I like doing it sometimes.It makes you feel Him and know how big He really is.

     
  • At 8:39 PM, Blogger darker than silence said…

    Lots of times we don't realize how much our physical selves tie in with our spiritual selves. The two go hand-in-hand. Kneeling is very spiritual.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home