Small steps in faith

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

The end of my work week and a new bed

I have a different schedule than most people I job share and we switch on Wednesdays I will work from Wed to Wed (with weekends off) and then I'm off Thursday to Wednesday It makes it nice if I want to go somewhere because I don't have to use my vacation time I'm planning a trip in March to see my sister who lives in Vermont(the home of Ben and Jerry's ice cream!)
This has been a long week I think its the weather and I've had alot of difficult situations at work with my patients no family support, no finances,etc Depression is a huge factor with diabetes because its something you have to live with sometimes with huge lifestyle changes and it doesn't go away Alot of times I'm a counselor as well as an educator
I always try to find something to look forward to and this week its a new bed I have slept on a waterbed for 20 yrs and on Friday I'm getting a new "real bed" I'm excited It's also king size Darrell is a huge bed hog! I seem to always end up in the rail there is no rail on this bed so it will be the floor Zach gets to inherit the waterbed so he's thrilled Poor thing sleeps on this tiny twin size bed right now that he's had since he was out of a crib
So we're all looking forward to our new beds on Friday and some time off to regroup

4 Comments:

  • At 6:59 AM, Blogger Mike said…

    A waterbed?!?!
    yikes! those are so 80's!
    in fact, i can see a future when kids will not remember waterbeds at all.

    besides, they are terrible for your back!

    i can;t sleep on anything soft or unsupportive. (is that a word?)

    give me a flat hard surface over a waterbed anyday.

     
  • At 5:53 PM, Blogger Rochelle said…

    Well I got married in 1985 so yeah it is 80's and Darrell worked for Dreamland waterbedzzz so he always had a waterbed
    I think you're right about the back part I think that bed is a big part of my sleeping problem so I can't wait to get out of it 2 more nights and counting!

     
  • At 8:27 PM, Blogger darker than silence said…

    I had a waterbed, and I could never sleep, so I slept on the floor. Waterbeds SUCK.

     
  • At 8:53 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    A good nights sleep isnt complete until you get Mr. Snore some noseplugs:)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home