Small steps in faith

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

A Raw Deal

I've started reading a book by Chip Ingram called " I Am With You Always Experiencing God in Times of Need" Each chapter gives a description of a situation that Christians struggle with and uses the book of Psalms to help with the answer to those struggles
The first chapter deals with when you get a raw deal when something happens to you that you don't feel you deserved "Who betrayed you? Who gossiped about you? Who did something unfair to you at work? Who has talked behind your back at church? Who said things that weren't even true, but others believed them, which hurt you deeply?"

I think we've all been here at one time some of us more than we would like He uses the Psalm 73 to help comfort those feelings

"Yet I am always with you;
you hold me by my right hand
You guide me with your counsel,
and afterward you will take me into glory
Whom have I in heaven but you?
And earth has nothing I desire besides you
My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

Psalm 73:23-26

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home