Small steps in faith

Sunday, January 02, 2005

Super Size Me

I love McDonalds french fries Ask anyone in my family If you gave me a choice of where to eat fast food I pick McDonalds every time because of the fries...but I've eaten my last fry
I watched the documentary "Super Size Me" by Morgan Spulock What an eye opener! For 30 days Morgan eats McDonalds 3 times a day as an experiment to see the effect it has on your body This guy was the specimen of health before he started. His weight and BMI were excellent;Lab work,EKG and physical exam were all excellent. He was followed by 3 physicians, a cardiologist,an internal/family practice , and a gastroenterologist plus a dietician Within 12 days he gained 17 lbs and his lab work started to become concerning. By the end they were practically begging the guy to stop because of the physical effects and changes in his cholesterol and liver function tests. He makes it entertaining with all the interviews and "odd characters" he meets. There is a guy who honestly eats 2 big macs a day and proposed to his wife in McDonalds Sick!
It was shortly after this came out at Sundance that McDonalds stopped "supersizing" It took this guy 1 year to lose the 25 lbs he gained in 30 days
I'm a junk food junkie but I will be avoiding fast food after watching this !

1 Comments:

  • At 1:31 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    That movie made me sweat..I'm never eating that food again.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home