Small steps in faith

Saturday, January 01, 2005

2005

I can remember thinking about this year in 1986 I had just had Kristen in November and I remember figuring out the year she would graduate..2005 It seemed so far away then and now here it is ...in 5 months she will graduate and go off to college I have mixed emotions It will be a tough year emotionally for me
Darrell andI went to a movie and to dinner with Kristen and her boyfriend Tyler last night If you go to see "Meet the Fockers" don't take young kids or you'll have alot of explaining to do :) Barbara Streisand is a sex therapist for senior citizens and Robert DeNiro develops something to "breastfeed" his grandson and I'll just leave it at that
We ate at Encore Cafe and Kristen wasn't feeling well so she went to lie in the car for awhile Darrell and I chatted with Tyler about going off to college and it sounds like his mom and I are having the same emotions You're excited for them but at the same time you know how much you'll miss them Darrell and I have already planned our 1st trip to visit on Sept 11th Brennan Manning is speaking in Knoxville,Tennessee. He is an amazing writer and speaker He wrote a book called the Ragamuffin Gospel . Knoxville is only about 40 minutes from Lee :)
I'm looking forward to this year I know this will be a big year of change and growth
I read something this morning that said "Unless you try something beyond what you've already mastered, you won't grow Some days it'll feel like 2 steps forward and 3 back but don't give up"
"I keep working towards that day when I will finally be all that Christ wants me to be" Philippians 3:12
Kristen needs to go off to college I know that in my heart God is leading her to great things at Lee and I have to let her work toward that day when she develops into the woman Christ wants her to be..but it's hard to let go
2005 will be a growing year for all of us

2 Comments:

  • At 3:28 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I'm so excited to go to Lee. Its gonna be so much fun to be there with Kristen. Theres always two sides to leaving, it will be very hard, but also we have to keep in mind that this is the time that God uses to mold us into the adults that He wants me and Kristen to be.
    Well keep in touch:)

     
  • At 6:40 PM, Blogger Rochelle said…

    thanks Tyler Tell your mom she can call me anytime if she needs someone to cry with :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home