Small steps in faith

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Blessed be your name

I like this song This was in my email this morning and it touched me I've had an exhausting week I'm fighting a cold, got called in to work on my day off, and I feel exhausted emotionally not for myself but for friends who are going through a difficult time Its hard when you pray for something and the answer in no or wait I know I get discouraged and ask why It's easy to forget that its Gods plan not ours
Anyway I continue to pray for my friends

Blessed Be Your Name
By Tree 63

Every blessing You pour out
I'll turn back to praise

Have you ever received a Christmas bonus at work? What if one year you got an extra hundred dollars in your paycheck? Imagine if the following year you got an envelope with a gift certificate good for one Christmas ham. Disappointment probably doesn’t begin to describe how you’re feeling. It’s not that you don’t appreciate the certificate for the ham, but you have come to expect more.

In the same way we come to expect God's blessings sometimes. And when it doesn’t show up, we become bitter at God. But it’s during these times we need to remember that God doesn't have to bless us—He chooses to.

God doesn't bless us because we deserve it, He blesses us because that's the kind of God He is. "And I will send showers, showers of blessings, which will come just when they are needed." (Ezekiel 34:26b, NLT).

Ultimately, that's why we praise Him: Not because He's blessed us, but because He's a God who delights in blessing His children.







1 Comments:

  • At 9:16 AM, Blogger Doug Hill said…

    great song... however it's not by Tree63. it was written by Matt & Beth Redman. Tree63 only covered it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home