Small steps in faith

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

God's "beloved"

"Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love so we may sing for joy to the end of our lives" Psalm 90:14

I'm up at 4:00 God woke me up to finish my bible study I believe he felt I needed to hear the words in this study this morning I'm studying about the disciple John "the beloved" It's almost as though you can feel the emotions and think the same thoughts he did through her writing She has a way of making him seem so real

She describes how there were years of obscurity where we don't hear about John in the New Testament During that time he developed his "beloved" relationship with God that would lead to his identity as "the disciple who Jesus loved"
"Somewhere along the way God built a man to whom He could entrust some of the most profound words ever recorded on parchment"
Most of us identify and need to be "God's beloved" during difficult times just as John did
Unfortunately alot of times we're looking to fill that need with human acceptance and love

"Have you discovered that your need exceeds mortal fulfillment? I've learned the hard way that when I am in a crisis of insecurity or pain, nobody has enough of what I need. The attempt to retrieve it from human resources will ultimately result in my despising them and their despising me. God is our only source. He well never resent us for the breadth,depth, and length of our need..."

I'm a needy person when it comes to love and acceptance and many times in the past and in the present I've "looked for love and acceptance in the wrong places and with the wrong people" It's hard to be alone but that's when God steps in and fills that void that can't be filled any other way That's when he he helps you figure out your purpose........... In your aloneness

1 Comments:

  • At 6:27 AM, Blogger darker than silence said…

    "That's when he he helps you figure out your purpose........... In your aloneness."

    Interesting you should say that, as solitude is one of the spiritual disciplines!

    I really agree with what you're saying, and I know where you're coming from. Sometimes, for me at least, it is hard to take the head knowledge - "God loves me" - and put it into heart knowledge.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home