Small steps in faith

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Happy Birthday Darrell

Today is my best friend(and husband's ) birthday :) He never likes to make a big deal out of his birthday but we do :)
He loves bibles If you come to our house you will see that we have a variety I bought him an ESV(English Standard Version) This is what my stepbrother Tony uses and Darrell has alot of respect for Tony's opinions
He also loves Brennan Manning so I bought him a book called "The Signature of Jesus"
His other love is coffee He loves Starbucks and I'm sure they love him He is there everyday Zach bought him a gift card so Darrell is buying coffee this morning for the people he works with
Kristen bought him balloons and made him a card
Darrell is one of the few people I know who actually lives his faith His love for Christ is obvious in his words but more so in his actions He loves people and he would give you the shirt off his back I'm blessed to have him as a husband, the father of my children, and as my best friend.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:59 PM, Blogger darker than silence said…

    over the years, when my friends and I are told to think of someone who really lives like Jesus, it never fails: Darrell is mentioned, and nearly always first

     
  • At 10:20 AM, Blogger Doug Hill said…

    i consider darrell to be one of my dear friends. he truly is a man of honor, character, integrity, peace, love, joy and most importantly an immitator of Christ. i am blessed to have darrell in my life as well.

    happy birthday big D!

     
  • At 9:54 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hey! I only I can call him Big d!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home