Small steps in faith

Thursday, February 03, 2005

Stay connected to God

"If your security, your strength, your self worth or your strategy for living come from any source other than God, you're vulnerable ..if you can do it without God, is it even of God?"

Too many times we let people determine our value and self worth The funny thing is alot of times those people have no connection to God Why do we give them that power?

"Everything you need comes from God, so protect that relationship, nurture it for it'll always be the focal point of Satan's attack"

Stay connected to God he takes you through those hard times
Last year at this time I was dealing with a breast cancer scare The only thing that got me through that time was my faith Even when you think you're at your lowest God is there to reach out pick you up and carry you through that dark time
Tomorrow morning I go for another mammogram It has stirred up alot of those emotions I felt last year My small group last night prayed for me and it just made me feel so much better It will be hard to walk in there tomorrow morning but I'm just going to remember that God is right beside me and no matter what happens he'll get me through it

3 Comments:

  • At 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'll be praying for you. You are going into this exam with a great attitude. God is in control and is with us no matter what! Get some rest tonight and try not to worry.
    Tina

     
  • At 8:21 PM, Blogger darker than silence said…

    I wouldn't worry about it - it's gone, remember?

     
  • At 10:27 PM, Blogger Rochelle said…

    Thanks for your prayers and reassurance I'll do my best to get sleep I'm glad it will be done early The hard part will be the waiting

     

Post a Comment

<< Home