Small steps in faith

Monday, February 07, 2005

My grandma

Helen Martha Geary
July 2, 1912 - February 7, 1998


This is always a hard day My grandma passed away 7 yrs ago today We were all at her bedside with my dad leading us in prayer when they took her off life support
She was the sweetest person I ever knew I don't think I ever saw her get angry
Every summer my sister and I would spend 2 weeks at her house and she made every day of those 2 weeks special We didn't have money to go on vacation so this was our vacation and we loved it Below is part of the eulogy my dad wrote and read at her funeral

"The words of a recent song went something like this, " I think you lived your life like a candle in the wind" I would submit that my mother lived her life like a candle in the window; always a smile that said I like you and I hope you will like me. Always warm, always inviting anyone who needed warmth and friendship to come closer.
I would tell you that I would gladly storm the gates of hell for this woman but it won't be necessart because on Febrary 7, 1998 that candle was lit in heaven."


Grandma, you are still very much loved and missed

1 Comments:

  • At 6:40 AM, Blogger darker than silence said…

    I know when my own mom dies, it's going to completely tear me up inside. Same with my dad. I'm not looking forward to it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home