Small steps in faith

Monday, March 14, 2005

Back in Ohio

Well I'm back in Springboro My plane got in yesterday afternoon at 4:30 and Darrell and Zach were waiting for me Unfortunately my suitcase wasn't so I spent 30 min in line with everyone else on my flight Who knows where our suitcases went Maybe Hawaii I was glad to see it on my doorstep early this morning though Darrell,Zach, and Tyler bought welcome home flowers for Kristen and I Kristen spent the weekend with Jeff and Barefoot in Illinois at a youth camp She got back about 8:15 So we're all back home where we belong for at least 2 weeks until Kristen heads to California with her friend Kari on spring break Just a preview of what my next four years are going to be like I'm sure
It's such a pretty morning here God definitely worked on my heart when I was away Peeled away some of the layers that I had let build up Hopefully I'll be able to keep the "weeds" from growing back up :) I finished the David Crowder book "Praise Habits" If you like the Psalms and you like humor you'll love this book It's a very easy book to get into I started a book called "Stumbling Toward Faith" by Renee Altson, not an easy book to read It's difficult to read about someone's pain I find it interesting that she changed her name Her therapist recommended Renee She just needed to have her whole life wiped clean Read the book and you'll understand why Betrayal by family and by "church family" She has poetry in her book I'm beginning to take an interest in poetry I was in a bookstore in Vermont and for some reason I was drawn to that section
FYI - Mike Box (if you read this) Billy Corgan(Smashing Pumpkins) has written a book of poetry called "Blinking with Fists" There's a review in the hard copy(not web site)of Relevant Magazine I don't much care for their music but I really liked his poetry odd huh?

wants of some desires

I'm given to wants of some desires
And given to wants of none at all
For fires consumed burn ever so bright
Unable to be drenched in the place of my soul

From a drowsy spot just on the other side of sleep
Did you dream well, as I did of another
And another time altogether?
Lay such hand upon my brow
And take me with you as you leave

For some light must penetrate old shadows
And I want you with sword in hand
To cross left over right, dark over night
You over me, me under you

A confessor once spoke kind
That he loved all that he abhorred
For it kept him fixed in a place beyond nature
But things do shift, and that same confessor
Confesses to you
That my love,
As it once loved
Loves no more

Billy Corgan


I think because I've read so many of the Psalms lately it's drawn me to poetry Anyway I plan to go to the library to check out some of the books I looked at
Don't have to be back at work until Wed

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home