Small steps in faith

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Baseball and Fireworks

What's a good way to spend a Sun afternoon on the 4th of July weekend?
Doing something "American" :)
Darrell,Zach,and I are going to the Cincinnati Reds game after church today We're not going to see the Reds.. we're going to see Roger Clemons pitch
My son is a big Boston Reds Socks fan and even though Roger Clemons doesn't play for them any longer Zach will always consider him a legend for the Boston Reds Socks
I guess he doesn't usually pitch on the road so this is a big deal
I grew up in "The Big Red Machine" era when we beat the Red Socks so I have to go support my team (even though they stink right now :( )
We're going to spend the evening at the Yosick's(Tyler and Dylan ) for a cookout and fireworks Rumor(from Tyler) is that his dad has some pretty awesome fireworks
Now we just need some apple pie :)

3 Comments:

  • At 10:30 PM, Blogger darker than silence said…

    the granddaddy of them all...

    wow...

     
  • At 10:45 PM, Blogger Rochelle said…

    Yeah the "grandaddy" firework ended up being a grandud but the others were pretty awesome :) No apple pie ..but dirt cake and key lime pie were good and the hamburgers were awesome The only good thing about the game was Roger Clemons we sat next to the bullpen so we got to see him warm up Unfortunately the Reds lost 9-0 and I think I lost 5 lbs in sweat :)

     
  • At 10:56 PM, Blogger darker than silence said…

    It was nice and cool in my bed at home... :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home