Small steps in faith

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

When I was in third grade, I had a teacher who read to us She always picked books that dealt with imagination One of my favorite books that she read was "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory " I loved candy (still do :) so that was part of the attraction I'm sure I have seen the previews for the new movie based on the book and I want to see it but I'm not sure I'm going to like it
Johnny Depp would not be what I imagined for Willie Wonka The movie has almost a dark feeling to it and I never felt that with the book I usually like Tim Burton movies so maybe I'll be surprised

I'm almost finished with "Jesus In The Margins" It's a great book It makes you reevaluate yourself

"Margins are those clear spaces along the edge of this page that keep the words from spilling off. Every book has them. You might jot notes in the margins, but for the most part they go unnoticed. They don't represent the book, and they don't define its message. They're simply there.
Society-our world, our culture- has margins just like this page does. They're places occupied by people who go unnoticed, misfits who seldom figure in when the mainline world defines and esteems itself.. But they're there.


We are all in "the margins" at one time or another in our lives..and we're not alone.

My next two books to read are "The Church on the Other Side" that Adam recommends and "Provocative Faith" that Matthew Paul Turner sent me to do a book review on my blog I've never done anything like that so I'm excited

But tonight it's tv I'm torn between the All-Star game and Big Brother 6 I have a feeling that I won't have much of a choice with 3 men here :)

3 Comments:

  • At 1:06 AM, Blogger Dylan said…

    I'm not really a big fan of sports, but I definitely think reality t.v. is highly overrated.

     
  • At 6:36 AM, Blogger Rochelle said…

    I watched the All-Star game :) I had Zach switch the station at a commercial and after what I saw I won't be watching Big Brother 6 They definitely have gone way past the line How sad :( I'll be reading alot this summer :)

     
  • At 9:21 AM, Blogger Adam said…

    I just can't see anyone but Gene Wilder as Willy Wonka. He was perfect - just the right combination of craziness, aloofness and compassion.

    Tim Burton is a great director, though - even though he certainly has a weird imagination.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home