Small steps in faith

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

A Summer night

I love summer especially evenings like last night I took a walk to try and clear my head about 9:30 The humidity was gone ,the sky was light pink with just a couple of stars out and there were fireflies all over . No one was out..just me walking with my ipod ..
I've felt restless lately ..I wake up in the middle of the night for no reason..I think I need more alone time in prayer with God ..he's obviously trying to get my attention

"We often think of God as "detached" He's over there, and we're over here. We are mistaken. God is with us. He is around us. He covers us. He aches when we ignore Him, too busy for our God. Yet He remains faithful. He is just,jealous,angry,compassionate, and merciful He longs for us, our comapionship,our fellowship. He longs for our love...All ralationships in th human dimension require love,care, and attention. They require time. Relationships in the spiritual dimension are no different."

1 Comments:

  • At 10:40 PM, Blogger Adam said…

    I think of that often as well.

    I think sometimes as a minister, I find myself caught in the trap of thinking that when I am preparing for Sunday morning (worship, multimedia, etc.), I am spending time with God, but it's not true. I still need to spend quality and quantity time with Him. It reminds me of a quote by Vance Havner - "as a person who works in a candy store loses taste for the candy they sell, so does the minister lose the taste for the things of God, if they aren't careful..." I need to remind myself of this everyday.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home