Small steps in faith

Friday, October 21, 2005

1st day home

It was so nice to wake up yesterday and see Kristen in her bed :) We had a relaxed day at home We made manicotti which turned out to be a little messy to make but they were good and then Darrell and Kristen made oatmeal/chocolate chip cookies..also good :) I realized one of the things I miss the most about Kristen being gone is her singing Kristen will randomly burst into song ..Zach on the other hand ..:)
Tyler and Dylan came over and we had a nice impromptu discussion about the Holy Spirit and the gift of tongues At the churches they attend near Lee University they experience people who speak in tongues There are alot of views about this We looked it up in the Bible 1 Corinthians 12 and 14 to get a biblical view Dylan wanted to know why our church doesn't have anyone who speaks in tongues when they're filled with the Holy Spirit Hard question We did determine that not everyone has that gift and if you do you there needs to be someone who can interpret or it's meaningless to others..especially the nonbeliever Even Paul says "I thank God that I speak in tongues more than all of you . But in the church I would rather speak five intelligible words to instruct others than ten thousand words in a tongue." 1 Corinthians 14:18 I encouraged him to talk to Roger as far as Southwest belief The one thing I have noticed with Kristen,Tyler,and Dylan is that they have grown in their closeness to Christ We also watched the Nooma video Mike let me borrow called "Dust" That gives such a clear view on what it means to be a disciple and where that came from I love when things tie history to new testament and then to our lives now
We later went to Kristen's favorite store Target and Starbucks Kristen had chai latte which was good(It reminds me of gingerbread) and I had pumpkin spice latte (very good!) We rented the video Robots which I fell asleep through so I can't tell you if it's good or not :)
Tomorrow Kristen is spending the day at Jonathan Wright with Ann Finnie observing what it's like to teach 1st grade and then she and Tyler are celebrating their year anniversary
So I just plan to enjoy my time with Kristen the next few days Sunday will be here too soon :(

3 Comments:

  • At 6:07 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I can already tell that it's going way too fast:(

     
  • At 12:34 AM, Blogger Adam said…

    You guys are all coming to church on Sunday, right?

     
  • At 12:44 AM, Blogger Rochelle said…

    yeah we will all be there second service :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home