Small steps in faith

Sunday, October 16, 2005

"It all starts when you look up"

I've started to reread a book by Louie Giglio called " I am not but I know I AM "
Jeff is using that for Sun night FUEL It's funny how when you read something you pick up something new each time The following passage spoke to me

"So if you're at a place in life where weariness and strain are more commonplace than rest and wonder, this book has found you at just the right time. God knows you better than you know yourself. He knows just how small and frail you are. He knows you're just one person, and a tiny one at that. He knows all the things that you are not--and He made you that way for a purpose. that's why He has never asked you to be more than your are--little you with a great big God.

But God also is in touch with just how potent He is, desiring to do huge, God-sized things through you if you're ready to abandon the path of making more of self and embrace the miracle of being small, yet knowing His name.

IT ALL STARTS WHEN YOU LOOK UP


I'm going through a time where I feel like Paul with his thorn and I have to remember what God said to Paul and Paul's response

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home