Small steps in faith

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Good place to eat - good movies to watch

We celebrated Kristen's birthday last night with my sister and brother-in-law at a great restaurant in the Oregon District It's an authentic Italian restarurant called Franco's It's at the corner of 5th and Wayne..not the nicest area and when you're looking for the restaurant it sits right next to a Chinese Buffet so you might miss it but it's definitely worth the trip if you love Italian food

I've seen 2 movies this weekend at the theater "Walk the Line" and "Rent" I'm not a big Johnny Cash fan but his life was definitely interesting and the acting was great
I actually preferred "Rent" I love musicals and the storyline was good It's about the lives and loves of 8 friends in New York City It does deal with AIDS,drugs,and the gay lifestyle if those things make you uncomfortable.. nothing too graphic though The movie actually touched my heart ..I think because of my experience with AIDS/HIV patients as a nurse. "Seasons of Love" is one of my favorite songs

I finally watched "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" Big disappointment I like Johnny Depp but not in that movie He was just creepy The original version is so much better

I plan to spend tonight getting caught up on my laundry and quiet time...too many "activities" the last few days :)

3 Comments:

  • At 9:19 AM, Blogger Dylan said…

    ROCHEEEEEELLLLE,

    CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY WAS ABSOLUTELY AWESOME! RENT? COME ON RO...=)

     
  • At 12:33 PM, Blogger Rochelle said…

    DYYYYYYlan
    Johnny Depp was creepy in that movie!! I like movies that deal with reality more than fiction The plotline for Rent was about life..not life in sheltered Springboro..lives of people you should be reaching out to as a Christian

     
  • At 2:05 PM, Blogger Mike said…

    I absolutely hated the new charlie and the chocolate factory. the original will never be out-done. as for rent, i have a special connection to that story, a friend of mine from highschool has been playing mimi on broadway for the past 2 years. the story is about real life and heartache. it is also about celebrating life.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home