Small steps in faith

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Silence and Solitude

Last night at 3rd Place we talked about spiritual disciplines There are those disciplines we abstain from to put our focus more on God ie, fasting,silence,solitude,frugality,etc and those that we engage in ie, study,prayer,fellowhip,etc to strengthen and develop our faith
The first ones that Mike talked about are the ones I feel I need to work on right now..silence and solitude Do you ever feel like you've talked too much and not listened enough? That's where I am right now
Silence can be uncomfortable but that's when we hear God if we're anxious,depressed,questioning,confused..it's when we listen the best..in silence and solitude..it's how we get in touch with our heart and grow in our faith

1 Comments:

  • At 9:00 AM, Blogger darker than silence said…

    I love the spiritual disciplines, windows where we and God interact and He changes us. I was never really interested until I read the works of Dallas Willard and Richard Foster... Good reads if you ever get a chance :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home