Small steps in faith

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Faith,Truth,Doubt..not always black and white

At times I struggle I have confusion I have doubts "Am I doing the right thing?"
This past week I've asked myself that question alot There are people in my life as well as people who I don't even know that have made me ask that question We look for black and white and we get grey or in my case a mishmash of color


“ To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” (John 8:31-32

My friend Mike has a daily verse on his blog It's funny how sometimes God knows just the right verse to give me for the day and this was it today "If you hold to my teaching" His teachings all involved love and love is not black and white. I'm going to have times of doubt..that's how I grow closer to truth and "truth sets you free"

"The biblical notion of faith allows for a more fluid,messier engagement with the full human spectrum of emotions and experiences. Faith is not only when we confidently proclaim Jesus as Lord; it can also be when we can barely manage a prayer"
Winn Collier "Faith,Doubts, and a Good Vocabulary" Relevant Magazine Jan/Feb 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home