Small steps in faith

Saturday, May 13, 2006

"The Prayer of the Kingdom"

Last night as I was looking at different websites I found a study guide to the book I'm reading, "The Secret Message of Jesus" . It has a group focus but it may help you focus on certain points in the chapters when you're reading it.
The other thing I found on the website is a chapter that was part of the original manuscript called "The Prayer of the Kingdom" It takes the Lord's Prayer (Prayer of the Kingdom) and dissects it. He also gives some history to that time which helps to understand it as well I think he's right on target when he says "Sadly, the prayer has been so often recited in such a bland,thoughtless, autopilot monotone that few people realize what a revolutionary, challenging, and well crafted work of art it is."

As I was reading this his scripture quote just really stuck in my heart

"His kingdom will never end." Luke 1:33

Somtimes I think it's difficult for people to know what to say when they pray
We were given this guide to our prayers by Christ but even saying the prayer itself with thought may be your connection to God

"I can imagine no greater spiritual practice for people seeking the kingdom of God than to pray this prayer--not as some magical incantation, not as a mindless mantra, but as a way of dislodging our attention and affection from secondary distractions and refocusing them on what mattters most. I have found it especially helpful to pray the prayer slowly, pausing after each line, to savor the meaning and let it resonate in my mind and heart. Doing so seems to create a pathway in the soul that leads us to God--and into God's kingdom."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home