Small steps in faith

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Quiet Places



I am part of a family that loves to be around other people including each other. I am someone who needs alone time and trying to explain that can sometimes be difficult to those who hate to be alone. I've been waking up alot at night and after listening to the message tonight, a little light bulb went off in my head as to why :

16But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed.

I need alone time

In the sermon he explained that when we have that alone time, that's when God will work on our hearts...Not always a comfortable place to be but necessary if we're going to grow closer to Christ. Sometimes we need a "general practitioner" but many times we need a "surgeon"

Community is an important part of our life, but so is alone time
I just hope the rest of my family who heard the same message has a better understanding of why sometimes I'm "antisocial" and why I feel the need to get up at night and be alone

3 Comments:

  • At 6:20 AM, Blogger Mike said…

    I need my alone time as well. It is funny that I lead a group of people who seek connection and community and at the same time I am introverted and withdrawn. My "leadership" style is different from my personal life style I guess.

     
  • At 9:19 PM, Blogger darker than silence said…

    Alone time is a must for me. Nearly every day I try to get off campus. There's a small park five minutes away that I go to all the time. I just creep into the woods, find a place to sit, and I just relax for the evening. It is, like you said, in those moments that I hear GOD's voice and experience His guidance for my life.

     
  • At 10:55 PM, Blogger Adam said…

    I relate as well. :)

    I have to be more outgoing than I want to be in my position.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home