Small steps in faith

Friday, June 09, 2006

Last day of work.....vacation tomorrow!!!


Today was my last day of work before vacation Actually it ended up being 1/2 of a day because I found out on Wed that my stepfather had to have surgery..he had fractured his rt hip and had to have pins put in today so I spent 12:30 to 4:30 in the surgery waiting area at Kettering Hospital There are definitely some different people you see in those situations One family had about 15 family members ..had a huge ring of chairs and tables and had a picnic right there in the waiting area
I was a candystriper at Kettering when I was 16 and I don't think that they have updated that hospital since 1976 !!
Tonight I'll be furiously doing laundry and packing We are leaving after Zach is finished with his ACT exam Our plan is to drive to Asheville NC and stay with friends , Mike and Bona Griffieth at their cabin ,go to church with them on Sun am , and then drive to Hilton Head until next Sat when we come home :(
I am going to Los Angeles Aug 8-13 on a business trip for work so I get to see the Atlantic and the Pacific in one summer :) I'm excited !!
I love the ocean..theres something so calming and powerful about it
So I'm off....

5 Comments:

  • At 11:00 PM, Blogger tenahawkins said…

    Have some major fun for me too! Enjoy yourself and family!
    Refresh - maybe you'll come back with a different outlook on some things. :0)

     
  • At 11:28 PM, Blogger Rochelle said…

    Thanks Tena
    I am hoping to have some clarity on what God wants my next step to be I feel very restless right now..patience is a hard thing

     
  • At 5:30 PM, Blogger darker than silence said…

    You feel restless, too? It must be contagious.

    My vacation helped with some of my restlessness, and I hope yours will do the same.

    You are in my prayers. Really.

     
  • At 12:16 AM, Blogger Adam said…

    Praying for your stepfather.

    I was at Kettering Hospital the day before you - I went to see Meg and her new baby. Noelle went with me and she was fascinated with Jacob. She would make a great older sister.

    I love the ocean as well - fell in love with it when I went to college out in CA. I learned to surf and I would spend entire days at the beach, just staring at the ocean. When I left CA after graduating, I really missed the ocean.

    Debby and I will probably either make our way to the ocean or the mountains when we retire or whatever - it seems like everyday I change my mind as to which I like better. :)

     
  • At 10:31 PM, Blogger Rochelle said…

    Thanks for your prayers Adam He did ok and is back home I know what you mean about the mountains or the ocean We spent the night in a cabin in North Carolina and it was beautiful Now I'm next to the ocean and there's just something about it
    Sounds like Noelle needs a baby brother or sister :)

    Anthony Thanks for your prayers

     

Post a Comment

<< Home