Small steps in faith

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Prayer for a soldier


Yesterday morning I was browsing some of the blogs I read and pulled up one that I hadn't read for awhile His post really touched my heart You can read his post here Please pray for Josh and his family as he prepares to go to Iraq . I couldn't stop thinking about him yesterday and even when I went to church last night it was as though God was reminding me ; The name of the series they are doing at Apex...WAR (based on Ephesians 6:10-13) The stage was designed as a "camp" and the worship team and minister wore fatigues The sermon dealt with spiritual warfare
You may not agree with why we're over in Iraq and Afghanistan but there are men and women who need our prayers and support.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:17 AM, Blogger tenahawkins said…

    This picture says a thousand words. The luxuries we take for granted in America. And sometimes the waste. You never know what you have til it's not within reach. I'll get to experience this soon :0). Not war but lack of excess.
    These guys and gals are my heros! They truly fight for the freedoms we have. Although I'm not blind to the strings that pull them.

     
  • At 11:05 PM, Blogger Adam said…

    I think I can support the troops and not support the war with a good conscience.

    I thought his last post was interesting, but I disagree with him on his stand that there is no middle ground. It isn't a God-given right to make war, it isn't a God-given right to live by "eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth" rules. I know that I can't even begin to fathom the intense pressure facing our soldiers in Iraq, and my prayers go out to them - but I think there is a middle ground.

    I am a pacifist. And I'm not afraid to say that. And I firmly believe that Jesus wouldn't seek revenge for the killing of two of his soldiers, i.e. disciples. War is h-e-you know what. Killing is inevitable in time of war. The smart thing is to not get to that point in the first place. And if it does get to that point, turn the other cheek and perhaps astounding love will soften a terrorist's heart.

    Just my first thoughts after reading his blog.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home