Small steps in faith

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Identifying true worship

I haven't been able to go to church for the last 2 weeks and I've missed it. I realized just how much when I went tonight.
The message was given by the worship/arts minister, Phil Wing. I thought he did a great job defining true worship.
He used the verses from Roman 12:1-2 and Hebrews 13: 15-16

True Worship...what we are made for..daily living out the glory of God in your life.
Alot of people put such an emphasis on the music that they miss the mark...what true worship is

1 True worship is marked by the cross
It's God's way of showing us how amazing He truly is. This is the foundation

Ask yourself .. Do I see the big picture?

2 True worship is For God
It's not about us. This was my favorite point.
If our focus is truly on God what would our conversations be about after church....they wouldn't be about criticism of the band,sound,etc or that "we didn't connect to the message" .
He talked about heart of worship ..the songs of our heart need to match the songs of our lips.
We shouldn't be "consumers" ...we should be "consumed".

Ask yourself.. Who am I trying to please?


3 True worship is marked by transformation. It should lead you to change and to grow. If you're not growing in your faith ..are you truly worshipping God?

Ask yourself... Am I being changed?



4 True worship is marked by demonstration...sharing with others. Are you reaching out and serving others?

Ask yourself What am I sharing with others through words and actions?

We went to The Garage after church and I got to connect with some of my friends from Southwest who I've also missed the last 2 weeks . I got to hear Megan/Ashlie sing as well as Charis (Abi and Crystal) from Apex.
A really good evening :) and they make a great vanilla latte..:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home