Small steps in faith

Monday, August 14, 2006

"There's no place like home"


Well after a long day of airplanes and airports I'm home. The LA airport was absolutely crazy ! We did curbside check-in which turned out to be the quickest way. Security checks weren't as crazy but they had extra security at the actual gates to randomly screen carry ons. Our plane from LA to San Francisco was delayed because of a "baggage issue". They never said what it was. The rest of our flights were delayed but uneventful. Flying over the west is very beautiful. The mountains and lakes..We saw Brice Canyon and Lake Tahoe and the Golden Gate Bridge. I got to Dayton around 11:15 last night. It was nice to have Darrell,Kristen, and Zach waiting for me. They bought me flowers to welcome me home :)
You don't know how much you miss home and family until you leave and come back.
I am glad I got the opportunity to go but it was really a sad city. It was such a different lifestyle. It was good to get out of my own comfort zone and see the true needs that are out there.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:00 AM, Blogger Adam said…

    I'm glad you're back safely. I saw Kristen at Olive Garden last night, I really missed seeing her and singing with her this summer!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home