Small steps in faith

Friday, August 25, 2006

My new purchase



Yesterday I bit the bullet and bought a new laptop. I've always used PC's so going to a Mac is a big change for me.
After alot of discussion and listening to pros/cons from various people who use both, I chose the black MacBook.
It's definitely been a learning curve for me. I have to think of things in different terms ie. safari vs explorer, system preferences vs control panel,... I love having a portable computer. I love the fact that I don't have to wait 5 min for my screen to pull up. I love the fact that I don't have to constantly update for viruses or run Ad Aware everyday. I love the fact that I'm not fighting 2 other family members to use the computer :)
Luckily, I have my Mac resources to go to :) I couldn't figure out how to get my email onto this computer and Mike Box was nice enough to come over and help me. We also tried to take my songs from my itunes on the old computer and put them on this one but it wasn't cooperating. If you know a way to do that let me know. If you know if I can just hook my ipod up to this computer without losing all of my songs let me know :)
So I am off until next Wed from work and I'm going to playing alot until I comfortable with it.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:58 PM, Blogger Adam said…

    I love the Mac.

    Have you tried the Dashboard stuff? You can download really cool widgets from Apple's website - things like a widget that tells you the cheapest gas station closest to you, sports scores, verses of the day, and more.

     
  • At 12:36 AM, Blogger Rochelle said…

    I love my Mac too..even if I did lose my ipod songs :)
    I haven't tried the dashboard stuff ..it sounds like fun
    It was good to see you at The Garage tonight and you finally met my husband :) Sorry you couldn't stay for Charis but I know it was a long day for you

     

Post a Comment

<< Home