Small steps in faith

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

"Father Chuck"



I'm not Catholic, never attended St. Mary's , but I do know that the death of Father Chuck is a huge loss to the community. The reason I know this is because I was with my friend and co-worker when she found out yesterday. Cindy is one of those people that has an incredible faith and although she and I worship differently, she is someone I know will give me spiritual support in tough times. A huge part of her faith has to do with the impact Father Chuck had on her. He was someone who was very involved with the kids in the community. Kids loved him. When he became the priest at St. Mary's they had to add an extra mass. He was able to connect and share his faith and he lived out his faith.
I know how I would feel if one of my "spiritual mentors" were killed...I would be devastated and that's how she's feeling right now. Please keep my friend Cindy and all of those who loved Father Chuck in prayer. He was young .only 47 which makes it even harder I think.. Cindy said to me yesterday "I know Father Chuck is in heaven..it's the ones here that's it's so hard on..you are never guaranteed that there will be a tomorrow"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home