Small steps in faith

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Andy



Yesterday was a difficult day. I lost my stepfather after 30 years.
Words can't begin to describe the sadness/loss that we all feel.
Andy was one of the sweetest men you could know. He loved people..if you met him, he would somehow find a connection to talk to you. He LOVED Ohio State..he grew up in Columbus and adored Woody Hayes. He loved to tease my son who is a HUGE Michigan fan.
He was always there if you needed him and was a wonderful grandfather to my kids.
He loved to play golf up until the time he became sick 2 yrs ago.
I am blessed to have had him as part of my life but as my mom said "It was too soon."

2 Comments:

  • At 5:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mike and I are so sorry Rochelle. We didn't even know he was sick.
    I know you have many great memories of him. I am glad you are close to your Mom for her comfort.
    Rejoice knowing he is in the arms of Jesus.
    Xo Bona

     
  • At 9:05 AM, Blogger Mike said…

    comfort is difficult to accept in times like this, but i want to offer any support that the family needs. if we can do anything, do not hesitate to ask.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home