Small steps in faith

Thursday, July 26, 2007

"You Gotta Keep Dancin'

I had never heard of the name Tim Hansel but I saw it listed as one of my friend,Adam's heroes so I asked him who he is. Tim Hansel has written books based on his experience with continual pain for twenty plus year as the result of a climbing accident. The book deals with how to overcome pain physical,emotional,spiritual with the attitude of joy. I am only 1/2 through the book but I can tell you this book has helped me alot this week. I think what I like about it is that he tells his life story and struggles and it's as though you're in his brain hearing him talk through all of this. I found this book on Amazon for 50 cents( I love bargains :) and I don't think it was any accident that it showed up in my mailbox on Monday.
It's so easy to allow circumstances to make us stay in a dark place. You have to remember where your strength comes from.

"Though the fig tree does not bud
and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails
and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
and no cattle in the stalls,
yet I will be joyful in God my Savior.
The Sovereign Lord is my strength,
he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
he enables me to go on the heights

Habakkuk 3:17-19


"I began to realize that it wasn't my imposed limitations that held me back as much as my perception of those limitations. It wasn't the pain that was thwarting me as much as it was my attitude toward the pain. I realized that though the difficulties were undeniably real, and would remain so for the rest of my life, I had the opportunity to choose a new freedom and joy if I wanted to."

Tim Hansel "You Gotta Keep Dancin'"

2 Comments:

  • At 9:20 AM, Blogger Adam said…

    It is a great book - I need to find my copy and read it again.

    That Habakkuk passage is one I gave Roger for his message on hope, I think it expresses hope beautifully. He didn't use it.

     
  • At 10:00 AM, Blogger Rochelle said…

    I think it's one of those books that I will refer to/read alot because it is so full of great quotes and scripture verses but you are welcome to use mine if you need to. Actually I think I'm gonna check to see if they have more 50 cent copies on Amazon :)
    It's a great book to give someone who's struggling.
    I'm sorry he didn't use that quote..but God made sure I had it and shared it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home