Small steps in faith

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Expressing worship





I heard a great message this morning on taking risks.
It made me think about areas I need to work on in my life.
Adam used Peter as his example of a risk taker. He showed that sometimes when we take a risk it's rewarding but we can also fail. It doesn't make it a negative though. You can always grow from failure and mistakes.
Adam gave 3 main reasons we don't risk:

We are afraid
Someone steals our dreams
We choose safety and comfort over faith and adventure.


I have realized that I have fallen into all 3 of these reasons at some time.
The one that God really convicted me with today was worship. Where is my heart? Am I afraid to show my emotions? Why do I go to worship?
I actually had someone say to me "How many worship services do you need?" I didn't answer them but it was very clear to me when I went to Element tonight...I am someone who needs more than one and I honestly don't think it's something I need to justify..I think in heaven it will be constant worship and I hope it's like my experience tonight.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:24 AM, Blogger Mike said…

    In a perfect world, we wouldn't need any worship services. We would just live a life of worship. But when we are honest, we realize that it is easier said than done. I miss corporate worship services. I love hearing others sing praises and i love the energy that you can literally feel when you are part of a crowd of worshippers. you are right though, you don't need to justify anything. if you need 20 worship services a week in order to tell God what He means to you, then by all means, find 20 services!

     
  • At 8:32 AM, Blogger Rochelle said…

    I think I'll just stick to the ones I go to for now. I miss seeing you play ..you were one of few who worshipped as you played

     

Post a Comment

<< Home