Small steps in faith

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Practicing what I preach






Yesterday Darrell and I decided we need to be healthier. It's so easy to tell other people they need to exercise which is what I do daily at work. "You need to do some type of exercise..it can just be walking..for 30 min 4/week." I am always telling my patients this. I'm good at the weights and the sit ups...I stink at the cardiovascular..walking. I'll do good for awhile then slack off. Part of it has to do with the fact that I am on my feet for 6/8 hrs at work but that's not a good excuse :)
So yesterday we walked to Dorothy Lane Market. It's 2.7 miles one way. The first part wasn't too bad....it was the coming back....ugh! I was ready to call Kristen to come and get me :) but I'm not going to give up. The challenge will be when I go back to work tomorrow and then come home and walk. We'll see. My goal isn't necessarily alot of weight loss but just feeling healthier and getting in shape for 2 5K walks I'm doing in Sept. One is for JDRF (juvenile diabetes) on Sept 29. The other is for the Artemis House with my Thurs. house church on Sept 30.....so I have 2 months!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home