Small steps in faith

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Bridges...not the answer







"2 hours after the bridge collapsed" is a Relevant article by John Piper that was in my email this morning. He talks in the article about how alot of times we blame God for things when in reality God allows things to happen for a reason. I'm including a piece of the article that especially stuck out to me

The word “bridge” does not occur in the Bible. There may be two reasons. One is that God doesn’t build bridges; He divides seas. The other is that usually His people must pass through the deadly currents of suffering and death, not simply ride over them. “When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you” (Isaiah 43:2). They may drown you. But I will be with you in life and death.

I think we all feel at times like we're drowning in those waters and want that bridge, but sometimes bridges aren't the way...they collapse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home