Small steps in faith

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

"Jesus never talked to a prostitute"

I'm finishing a book called "The Irresistible Revolution". It's one of those books that I don't want to finish because everytime I read it...I find something new that I connect to. I would love to meet him someday....not as a speaker...in the midst of his ministry doing what he does with love

Here is something I read last night that I will share

"I have an old hippie friend who loves Jesus and smokes a lot of weed, and he's always trying to get under my skin and stir up a debate, especially when I have innocent young Christians visiting with me.(The problem is that he knows the Bible better than most of them do) One day he said to me, "Jesus never talked to a prostitute." I immediately went on the offensive: "Oh, sure he did." and whipped out my sword of the spirit and got ready to spar. Then he just calmly looked me in the eye and said, "Listen, Jesus never talked to a prostitute because he didn't see a prostitute. He just saw a child of God he was madly in love with." I lost the debate that night.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:18 PM, Blogger Adam said…

    That book is amazing. I think I need to read it again soon.

    Right now I'm reading Death By Suburbs and finishing up Exiles.

    I finished Letter To A Christian Nation, perhaps I'll post on it tomorrow.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home