Small steps in faith

Friday, May 30, 2008

Kristen leaves for Chile




My daughter Kristen leaves tomorrow evening for a cross cultural trip to Chile.
It will take them approx 12 hrs to fly there from Atlanta. Her flight leaves around 10 tomorrow night so they will be sleeping through most of it.
In case you aren't familiar with where it is, I put the map above. It's in South America along the western border next to Argentina. Right now, it's considered winter there. I looked up the weather and it looks like it will be in the 50's 60's for the next 10 days as a high and the 30's for the low. She will be studying Spanish for credit hours while she is there. It looks beautiful with the Andes Mountains in the background.
Santiago is where she will be most of the time. That is their capital. The doctor I work with was born there and travels there to visit family. He said there are alot of college kids in that area and they speak both English and Spanish. They have one of the most beautiful beaches in the world.
Kristen will be staying in a hotel type room which has a kitchen. They will be buying groceries and cooking instead of eating out most of the time.
She will be there for 5 weeks May 31 to July 5 and then she will be coming back here to Ohio for a month before school starts.
I know she's excited to go ...keep her in your prayers :^)

1 Comments:

  • At 6:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I talked with her this morning and she is so exited to go. However she told me she would rather be with her family. She misses us all so much but she is excited to learn about the culture. I will miss her so much and am excited to learn about her experiences. July cannot come to soon for me to see her. She is my only grandaughter and I love her so much. Love you grandsons too just as much.
    Love you Kristen
    Grandma HB

     

Post a Comment

<< Home