Small steps in faith

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Fairmont West Dragons...30 yr. class reunion



This weekend was my 30 yr. class reunion. Unbelievable that I'm that old! I graduated from Fairmont West High School in Kettering, Ohio in 1978. There were 650 in my graduating class.
Last night we went on a tour of the high school. It was nice to see familiar faces. Some of my class has aged well...others...well let's just say time wasn't as kind.
I think one of the coolest things was that they invited teachers/staff to come as well.
I saw one of my favorite geometry teachers who came from Atlanta.

My high school has some areas that have changed dramatically and other areas brought back a lot of memories because they haven't changed at all.

Tonight we had the bigger party at a really nice farm in Beavercreek.
They had great food and 70's music with a DJ who used to play at some of the discos I went to in my college years.
My best friend Rachel and her husband,Michael came. Rachel and Michael had triplets 19 months ago so she and I are at very different stages in our lives but when we are together it feels like we are 16 all over again. I saw my date for senior prom and he lives in Lexington and is doing well.
For the most part I recognized people but I did find myself looking at name tags for some of the men who had lost their hair :^) Our foreign exchange student,Pavi, came back from Finland. We also had a guy who came from England.
It was a nice time and I'll look forward to seeing some of them again in 5 years!

2 Comments:

  • At 2:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you saw freakkking joe fiala, are u kidding me joe freaking fiala; or was it andy

     
  • At 3:32 PM, Blogger Rochelle said…

    Joe freaking Fiala was my junior date to prom and he moved to Virginia our senior year so he wasn't there.
    I saw Andy Pearson who is a very nice guy...Zach!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home