Small steps in faith

Saturday, December 06, 2008

Christmas and children






I love this time of year. I love Christmas lights,Christmas decorations,Christmas blend coffee at Starbucks,Christmas parties,Christmas cards,Christmas music....and children.
Darrell and I put up our tree on Thursday and I put up the house decorations today. It always makes me nostalgic cause I have things my kids made when they were little.
My Christmas party for work was last night at Dr. Parilo's house. His house is beautiful but the sweetest decoration was the little gingerbread house that his son, Daniel,who is 5, made at school. There is just something about homemade Christmas ornaments from your kids.
Christmas is the one time of year that should be experienced through a child's eyes.
After all, the focus of the true meaning is a very special child.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:08 AM, Blogger Adam said…

    You just put up your tree on Thursday? Slacker. ;^)

     
  • At 7:57 AM, Blogger Rochelle said…

    Yup :^) and I don't have the lights/ornaments on it yet but in my defense I like to wait for Kristen and Zach

     
  • At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i love this time of year tooo. the smells are great also

     

Post a Comment

<< Home