Small steps in faith

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Eve





Our Christmas Eve

Work...I had to work 1/2 day. I was getting most of my patients ready with final instructions to go home that day or on Christmas. Kristen worked 2 to 7. Darrell and Zach had the day off.

Dad's...always a great time. My stepbrother,Doug, and his family come over. He has a daughter,Rachel, who is 8 and still believes in Santa so it's always fun to watch her open presents. My stepmother makes the best Italian and Cheese potatoes.

Church...Darrell and I went to the 6:30 service and sat with our house church and then Kristen and Zach came for the 8:30 service. We had traditional carols with Phil and Issac playing guitars/singing. Rob spoke and then had 2 people got up and share their stories. Emily is a girl who has cerebral palsy and was in Zach's kindergarten class. It was great to see how well she is doing. She goes to Cedarville.
The other story was from a guy who grew up in Miamisburg. Darrell knows his dad/uncle very well. He was addicted to drugs in his 20's and was able to turn his life around. He ended up going to Lee University so both my kids know him.

Home...We have always opened our presents on Christmas Eve. My kids would open their presents on Christmas Day but have started opening them on Christmas Eve as they got older. The theme for Kristen..shoes and jewelry :)
The theme for Zach..clothes..he loves to look and smell nice :)
Darrell's..clothes and music.
Mine..books and iPod touch..my original mini finally died. One of my favorite gifts..my sister knitted me a pair of colorful socks ...beautiful :)

Christmas..We spend a relaxed day at home. My in-laws and mom come over with food and we eat...a lot!!

I hope everyone reading this has a very beautiful and joyous Christmas!

2 Comments:

  • At 12:22 AM, Blogger Adam said…

    How is your sister? Tell her I said hi next time you talk to her!

     
  • At 6:48 AM, Blogger Rochelle said…

    I saw my sister at Thanksgiving. She is doing great and is probably buried under 2 ft of snow :)
    Thanks for asking..I'll tell her you said hi .

     

Post a Comment

<< Home