Small steps in faith

Monday, August 03, 2009

"First Things First"



This book intrigued me for many different reasons. I have admired Kurt Warner for his faith in the limelight of football. I find it fascinating that they have 7 kids and some sanity. I have read a book by Jennifer Schuchmann so when I saw she helped with this I knew the writing would be good.
I loved how they set the record straight from the beginning of their relationship to now.
So many times, you hear stories on how people meet,what their lives are like and this book gives you the facts from all sides.
Many times we glamorize other's lives and I think this book shows the hardships they endured to get where they are today. I also loved the rules they use for their family and how everyone is in tune to the rules. With 7 kids that can't be an easy task.
They describe each child in such detail that by the end of the book I felt as though I knew each one of them. I loved how they would give Kurt's story and Brenda's story in each of the chapters. They have differing views but they manage to mesh their views and respect the other's feelings. I think it's a good parenting book but also a good book on a successful marriage and what it takes to get to that point. Faith is a huge part of their lives and they never downplay that.
I would absolutely recommend this book for everyone..not just Kurt Warner fans :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home