Small steps in faith

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Criticism self destructive way to live

I read something in my devotional this morning about having a critical attitude
There was a study done where they looked at emotionally and mentally disturbed people
There were 2 groups a stressed out group and a stress free group What they found is the stressed out group were habitual fault finders, constant critics of people and things around them while the stress free group were loving and accepting of others The next time you want to complain about something try to find the positive in the situation I don't know if you'll live longer but you'll live happier:)

4 Comments:

  • At 8:58 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Ive found that if you dont make a big deal about the little things then your life will go alot smoother. It does make you happier to find the positive in things.

     
  • At 1:50 PM, Blogger darker than silence said…

    Maybe there's more to the love is life thing than I thought?

     
  • At 3:44 PM, Blogger Mike said…

    it just goes along with the old saying: "Misery loves company." you will find that unhappy people want to make you unhappy also. maybe we can turn it around: "Happiness loves company."

     
  • At 6:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hopefully Dad will find the positive in the puppy we got Mom for Christmas. He is still mad at me and my sister!! It is so true that we need to think positive and to be around positive people. For someone who struggles with depression being around negative people really draws me down. I have to remember to ask God to help me in these situations.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home