Small steps in faith

Friday, December 24, 2004

Christmas Eve

"She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins."
All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet. The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son and they will call him Immanuel which means "God with us" Matthew 1:21-23


I started to read a book last night called "Searching for God Knows what" by Donald Miller He wrote "Blue like Jazz" I'm about 1/4 through this book and already I like it better He has a more in depth look at his faith

"The God of the Bible seemed to be brokenhearted over the separation in our relationship and downright obsessed with mending the tear"

Jesus is the thread that mends that tear... "God with us"

2 Comments:

  • At 6:07 PM, Blogger darker than silence said…

    I'd like to borrow that book when you're finished; knowing someone else has probably already asked to borrow it, could you put me on the waiting list? It sounds pretty cool. You and Mike find all the coolest books.

     
  • At 5:50 AM, Blogger Rochelle said…

    You can definitely borrow it when I'm finished I usually look on Relevant books website for books They are pretty reasonably priced They usually have the same books at Borders but they're full price so I check them out there to make sure I'm going to like them and then order them on line at Relevant store or Amazon.com or even better wait for someone else to get it and borrow it:)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home