Small steps in faith

Saturday, December 25, 2004

Christmas

I spent Christmas Eve with my dad and family yesterday My stepmother goes all out on Christmas and my kids love going over there They still live in the house I grew up in so it always gives me a "warm" feeling to be back in that house even though the inside has changed alot in the last 20 yrs. Mike and Michelle spent the day with us which also made it special We've "adopted" them for our family dinners
Christmas Eve service at Southwest is also a special time to spend remembering why we celebrate
Today is a "couch potato" day.. My in-laws,my mom, and whoever else wants to come over
I found this saying to help tie Christmas in to the real reason we celebrate

"As you look at the Christmas tree, remember THE TREE.(Galatians 3:13) When you see the lights, remember THE LIGHT(John 8:12) And when you look at the gifts, remember THE GIFT(John3:16)

Merry Christmas

2 Comments:

  • At 9:26 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hopefully ill be able to stop by today:)i hope everyone got what they wanted! I wish I had some magic bars at my house today:) Merry Christmas

     
  • At 9:48 AM, Blogger Rochelle said…

    I'll have to make some more this week for you and Mike :) You guys ate them all You're welcome anytime
    Have a Merry Christmas with your family

     

Post a Comment

<< Home