Small steps in faith

Saturday, March 19, 2005

From a mother's heart

I have a heavy heart for 2 sets of parents tonight

The first are Jessica Lunsford's parents (the 9 yr old Florida girl who was kidnapped and murdered) I can only relate from being a mother and having a daughter and it breaks my heart that any parent has to go through the horrible pain of losing a child to such a monstrous inhuman act of violence

The second are Terri Schiavo's parents I can't imagine being told that you have to watch your child starve to death It's unbelievable to me that any medical person could remove her tube and have any kind of conscience I've been a bedside nurse for 22 years I've cared for many patients who were dying but I thank God I never had to deal with this type of situation

Only God can heal the broken hearts in these situations

1 Comments:

  • At 6:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It would be hard in both situations, but I think that the family of Schiavio have the woman in mind, not themselves. She has been a vegetable for years, with no sign of returning to vitality. Perhaps it is an act of mercy. I don't know. I don't want to think about it too much.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home