Small steps in faith

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

A Long Day

Sometimes Wednesdays are the longest days My work week starts and ends on Wednesday and when I've worked for a week I can't wait for Wednesday to come When I've been off for a week I don't want to see Wednesday come
I am blessed to be able to job share my position ( after 20 yrs of weekends,holidays,evenings and nights :)
This is the Wednesday I'm ending my week and it has been a long one A busy day at work with extra meetings on new medications which I think are going to make a huge difference in blood sugar control for my patients with diabetes One of the medicines,Byetta, is made from the spit of the Gila monster..look up Gila monster and you'll be surprised :)
So at 4:30 I'm looking forward to going home and I think it's only going to take me the usual 25 min but there was a horrible accident on 75 and they totally shut the highway down for at least an hour
I sat in my car wondering if I would ever get home Kristen called me to check on the progress since she,Zach, and Tyler were waiting for me to come home and make supper
It's funny because I didn't feel the least bit stressed about it.. I just sat there listening to my 106.5 jazz music looking around at the cars around me The guy in front of me was definitely stressed I think I watched him throw at least 8 cigarettes out the window and finally he figured out he could probably get across the grassy median in his Lexus SUV and go the other way
I was afraid to try that My saturn has absolutely no pickup when accelerating and with my luck I would get stuck or hit trying to get on the highway so I just stayed where I was
They finally opened 1 lane and I made it home,2 hrs late, just in time to eat a pnut butter sandwich, throw money at my kids to go eat and go to "Connect Team" Honestly I thought of not going but God knows when to whisper in my ear :) and I'm glad I was there
So now I'm exhausted but it's a good exhaustion :)
Keep those who were in the acccident in your prayers Their cars both looked very bad The front end was completely off of the one vehicle and the other was totalled It definitely is a long day for their loved ones

6 Comments:

  • At 8:52 AM, Blogger darker than silence said…

    What's connect team?

     
  • At 10:07 AM, Blogger Rochelle said…

    Connect team is a group of people at our church who help new members or people who have been coming for a short time get connected to ministries,small groups,and hopefully feel like they have someone they can go to with concerns,prayers,etc and feel more connected to us

     
  • At 1:48 PM, Blogger Adam said…

    I saw a ton of accidents yesterday. Do people drive badly in the rain here in Ohio?

     
  • At 2:32 PM, Blogger Rochelle said…

    They do rain and snow you can count on tie ups on 75 I guess you didn't get that in Phoenix but I bet you have alot of "older" drivers :)

     
  • At 1:53 PM, Blogger Adam said…

    I saw another bad accident by my house on the 73 (by Red Lion Five Points). What in the world? When it rains, SLOW DOWN PEOPLE.

     
  • At 8:35 PM, Blogger Rochelle said…

    Hey that's a bad area for accidents Kristen was in a really bad accident about 1 1/2 yrs ago on 73 near Fieldstone (no left turn lane there) She rear'ended a truck and caused a chain reaction of 3 other cars She totalled our toyota camry She had a guardian angel with her because she only ended up with a bruise That was a heart stoppping moment to get a phone call like that

     

Post a Comment

<< Home