Small steps in faith

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Labor Day

I spent a nice quiet Labor Day at home Labor Day was always a big deal when I was growing up in Kettering because of the Holiday at Home events, parade,bike race,arts and crafts festival,cookouts and then fireworks We always took our kids to the parade until they got in their teens Now it's just a quiet day Zach and I vegged Darrell labored on the outside of the house ...he's trying to get it ready to paint
We spent the evening playing putt putt It's always fun with Zach because he's so competitive :) I was ahead until the very end and I choked on the last hole so Darrell beat me by 1 stroke We found a really nice place called "Southwest Golf Ranch" just outside of Lebanon in Mason on 42 to play Much better and more challenging than Adventure Golf We missed Kristen There was a little girl there who reminded us of her because she was crying about playing Kristen hates putt putt She would never finish playing :) She always wanted to be done playing so we could actually do something "fun" I did get to talk to her on line and on the phone while she was doing her laundry They actually had classes yesterday She's still having a great time and loving college life I can't wait to see her in Oct :).....and Tyler :) ( I miss your impressions Tyler)

1 Comments:

  • At 9:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Im glad you guys had some fun:) Yeah, isnt that stupid that we had school....oh well hopefully ill see you all in october for fall break.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home