Small steps in faith

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Newsweek magazine on "Spirituality in America"

I bought the Newsweek magazine this week with the title "Spirituality in America"
It has some interesting studies,statistics,and articles in it I like the quote from Tony Campolo "You can know all about God but the question is do you know God? You can have solid theology and be orthodox to the core, but have you experienced God in your own life?"
My favorite story was "A Shepherd Protects His Own Backyard" When you first look at the article without reading it you might think the guy is a total nutcase. It shows him and his wife and son standing in a pond on their property in West Virginia.When you read the article you'll think differently

"This guardian of the earth has his priorites straight."My identity is not as an environmentalist," he says, "It's as a Christian.Because I am a Christian, I should be involved with social justice,the poor, the needy. Environmentalism is one thing in my circle, but it's not my center." And if you're rolling your eyes at the idea of $20,000 - a - year librarian going up against the polictically connected coal operators and the wealthy energy lobbyists, don't forget that he's got a hightly placed friend of his own. "

If you get a chance read the magazine It opens your eyes to some things :)

4 Comments:

  • At 4:11 PM, Blogger darker than silence said…

    Kinda reminds me of Crank's Creek...

     
  • At 5:19 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hey rO!
    We should always be glad that were friends with, "the big guy upstairs". :):):):):):):) I hope everything is going well up there!

     
  • At 3:11 PM, Blogger Adam said…

    I will have to go to Barnes and Noble and buy that magazine tomorrow.

     
  • At 5:55 PM, Blogger Rochelle said…

    Anthony I know what you mean :)

    Hi Tyler :)

    Adam Definitely buy it and if you can't find it let me know and you can read my copy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home